Saturday, August 2, 2008

Photo Galleries & Artwork

Just kidding about the whole "turn your computer monitor sideways" thing yesterday. Sometimes we get a little punchy in here. We knew what you meant. The video clips show us many days/weeks into bedrest, and wow, do we look... um, CASUAL. So, we picked a couple photos that are more indicative of our usual lives. Click on the thumbnail to see actual size.

Pillownaut & SarcasmoAlso have a new picture collection, but some sad tidings of someone checking out today. Everyone here paints a ceiling tile upon completion of their project. It's the only art we can see easily while being wheeled around the facility! Michael just finished the 12-day Lunar Study, and came to show me his tile before he left for home. Click on his picture or this link to Picasa to see a gallery of ceiling tiles from all the subjects.

NASA Test Subjects Have fun on your travels, Michael, and everyone wishes you the very best of luck in Medical School!

8 comments:

fedfamily114 said...

Hi Heather! This seems like such a cool thing to do! I have been reading your blog since the story aired on Fox 26 news. I sent you an email hoping you can answer some questions I have. Take care!

Sound Man "G" said...

So glad to know y'all still have a good sense of humor while doing this. I can imagine the emotions y'all go through considering the side effects that were mentioned.

Thanks again for giving us an insight as to the craziness y'all are having to endure.

Agent Minivann said...

I just came across your blog after reading about it on slashdot. I thought about signing up for the study, but I decided against it. Thanks for giving a little peek into what I could have been doing. I put a link on my blog, like anyone reads it.

Mrs. L said...

Thos tiles are amazing! Are you already planning yours?

PillowNaut said...

Someone already painted Marvin the Martian, darn! But hey, they found ICE at the poles of Mars, so I guess I could draw the red planet with some hockey players on it, LOL ;)

barbie2be said...

that would be perfect! hey, i went to japan for hockey... why not mars too? of course, it would have to be more than a 6 day trip like japan was.

Sarah Jones said...

Very cool!

Tony said...

Nice blog, I've been reading it since the Slashdot post.

Do you paint the ceiling tile while supine, or during the recovery phase?

Best of luck, and to quote Seneca the Younger, "per aspera ad astra," (through difficulties to the stars.)