Tuesday, August 5, 2008

FOX News New York

FOX News called me for interviews... I just held the phone until they reached my segment in their line-up, but Marcus was kind enough to record the TV so I could see it later. This is "Fox & Friends" regulars Judge Andrew Napolitano, Gretchen Carlson and Brian Meade. The first clip (30 seconds) is them discussing the project and bone issues, and the second (2 minutes) is me on the phone.




Another longer interview is on the FOX website. Click to see the file in the SciTech Videos section under "Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite." This third one is 8 minutes long, and Alisyn Camerota asked me a fair amount of questions.

I'd like to point out one thing if you watch: based on no comment of mine, Steve Doocy inexplicably accused me of "complaining about the food" -- which, for the record, I have never done in any interview or privately. Complained about the headache? Oh heck yeah... but I've mentioned many times that the food was far better than expected.

Don't mistake the unease with which one gives up salt, chocolate, soda, alcohol, caffeine, etc. --but I wouldn't want it to get back to the South Six Kitchen that I don't appreciate all their hard work. These very dedicated folks must measure and weigh precise portions of all different kinds of vitamin and/or protein-rich foods in order to CUSTOMIZE meals for every study resident, based on weight, caloric requirements, and the occasional nutritional assessments made from our blood draws. And they do a fine job. I'll be giving more details about the food in a later post.