How do you know if you are an Astro-Nut or an Astro-NOT? Add up your points in the Space Cadet Test? Read through and share your score on Twitter with the #SpaceTweep hashtag!
1. You can name every NASA program from 1959 onward, and still think it's kinda weird that the lunar program was misnamed for the Greek god of the Sun. (???)
2. Having NASA TV on in a separate web browser throughout the day is nothing unusual.
3. You know offhand what "STS" and "TMA" mean. Next launch, coming March 28th!
4. Your Twitter feed, social media page or email handle is a space term cleverly coupled with your personal nickname.
You searched high and low for one of these...
4. You have had to explain "worm" and "meatball" to people.
5. Your favorite film is about aliens or space exploration in some far-off universe where there is no such thing as money or language differences.
6. You've spent more than one Halloween dressed as one of the aliens in said film from above.
7. Your mouse pad and the screen saver of all your collective gadgetry features pulsars, nebulae, supernovas or black holes.
8. You actually know the difference between pulsars, nebulae, supernovas or black holes.
You know why Pluto is saaaaad...
9. And when someone mentions it, you actually feel the need to explain that pictures are inaccurate anyway – because black holes are invisible, so we can only surmise their properties by observing effects on objects around them.
11. There is really nothing wrong with having Space Shuttle tiles in your office at work. And that space helmet is a conversation piece.
12. You can name all twelve American astronauts who walked on the moon. In order.
13. You just barely sobered up from St. Paddy's Day, and the first thing you do is choose where you're going to party for Yuri's Night!!
SCORE 1-3: Clearly you get out too much. And you have a tan. You're no space geek, why are you even taking a computer quiz??
SCORE 4-6: They would totally beat you up at a Star Trek Convention.
SCORE 7-8: Not too shabby, but your kids probably still know more than you do.
SCORE 9-10: The Planetary Society would benefit from your membership and you should get a free telescope. Wish I had one to give away.
SCORE 11-12: You are starting to annoy people at cocktail parties with space facts, but really, they are just jealous of your incredible space smarts. Have you thought about applying to NASA?
SCORE 13: You're going to gripe that there were two number #4s and there was no number #10 above (talk about detail oriented!), and that will cap your perfect score of #13... as a Certified SPACE CADET!
Want to share your score?? Click on the COMMENT section below and let us know who is an Astro-Nut or Astro-NOT? Or, go to Twitter and use hashtag #SpaceTweep. Have fun! =)